Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Moons of 2012 - #2


I almost forgot about chasing moons, for some reason, I thought it was going to happen next week, and then as I was biking home, I saw the almost-full moon high in the sky, and it was still so light out (only about 5:15pm). Anyway, I remembered the next day (actual full moon), but I was worried that because it rises 56 minutes later each day, that it would be too dark by the time the full moon rises. I biked over to the reservoir, ready to take some sunset and moon rise photos. This month, the sun is
scheduled to set a few minutes later, so I was hopeful.

In the 1st photo, you can see it just starting to appear behind the trees.
In the last photo, I switched to manual mode. I had been using aperture mode for all the other photos.

Details:
Date: Feb 7 2012
Location: 7 hours east of GMT, BKK time zone
Moon rose at: 6:25pm
Sun set at: 6:24, but got dark at about 6:45













No comments: