Thursday, April 14, 2011

My fav holiday here













These photos are old, and I meant to post them earlier. Its actually a different holiday here at the moment
....and I'm avoiding going out so I don't get soaked in all the Songkran craziness. But inevitably I had to forage for food or a poolside, and got drenched along the way.

These ladies were setting off the lanterns along the riverside where we di
ned. Those are not stars behind them in the sky; rather they are other lanterns flying high...

This one was taken with a really slow shutter speed, and this is the moon above us that evening, being centered by ominous looking yet harmless clouds. It was a serene evening. Except for the really drunk Thai people.

This is one of my favorite holidays because the lanterns are so beautiful in the sky but there is something about the way they drift so slowly away and with the lantern, you send away all your doubts, fears, pessimism, and vanity.

No comments: